BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Fantastic Five.



My music is something that is in my life everyday. I wake up to my favorite song as my alarm in the morning. When I get home from school, the first thing I do is plug my Ipod into speakers and listen to songs that make me feel comfortable and at home. The last thing I do before I go to bed is listen to a song that makes me feel relaxed. These are my top five favorite bands, I chose these bands because these are the bands that I have loved for years, each of these bands have provided me with songs that have got me through the good times and the bad. These bands are in no particular order.

#5: Demon Hunter


One of my favorite bands is Demon Hunter, they are one of my favorite bands because they seem to be the band that speaks to me the most when I'm in a bad mood. Demon Hunter is what I like to call a mix of everything. Each of their songs are different, the songs "My heartstrings come undone" and " Storm the gates of hell" could not be more different. At first if you listened to one song after the other you would assume that the songs were by different bands. I like Demon Hunter because none of their songs are the same,and the just keep surprising me with every new and different song they make.

#4: City and Colour

The band City and Colour is one of my favorite bands because of Dallas Green. Dallas Green has one of the best voices I have ever heard. His style of music is so different than anything else I've heard and his voice is very distinct. He has said that he writes songs when he is sad or something has happened in his life, and this shows through his lyrics. Dallas Green is one of the best musicians in my book because he takes risks with his music. To me, City and Colour comes out with songs that are made to instantly leave their mark on your mind, and I often compare their songs to Lays chips. Once you have one, you cant help but want another.

#3: Thousand Foot Krutch.

I have been listening to Thousand Foot Krutch for years now. Thousand Foot Krutch is the band I listen to when I'm in a good mood and want something to bob my head along with, they are also the band I listen to when I'm sad, when I'm mad, on a good day or a bad day. I guess I could say Thousand Foot Krutch has a song for every mood I'm in. Sometimes I think of Thousand Foot Krutch as the Mona Lisa, like they always have something they are happy about that I'm not sure of, which, is infectious and makes me happy. Therefore, every day that starts with a Thousand Foot Krutch song is a good one.

#2: Breaking Benjamin.

How I got interested in Breaking Benjamin in the first place, is a question I can not answer. The truth is, I can't remember how I stumbled upon them or when it was, but I do remember the first song I heard by Breaking Benjamin. That song is called "Breath" and I remember instantly having the lyrics stuck in my head: " You take the breath right you of me, you left a hole where my heart should be, you got to fight just to make it through 'cause I will be the death of you." After that day, I have always thought of Breaking Benjamin as one of the best bands in the world for the fact that they are impossible to ignore. Breaking Benjamin is a band that I would, without hesitation, give my right leg to see live.

#1: Flyleaf.

Flyleaf is unlike any band in the world. Sameer, Flyleaf's guitarist is one of the best I have heard in a while, let us not leave out Angus Young, who is the best guitarist of all time. But that is another band, another story. Above all else, I love Flyleaf for their lyrics. One of the songs that sticks out in my mind for it's memorable lyrics, is a song called " In The Dark": "There's only artificial light here. My flaws hide well here, I used to be afraid of cluttered noises. Now I'm afraid of silence. Fill this space, Idle words." I became interested in Flyleaf two years ago, and since then I have become, a mega fan. I have stated earlier that I would be willing to sacrifice my right leg to see Breaking Benjamin live. In this particular case, I believe I would sacrifice both my legs and my cat to see Flyleaf live. Flyleaf is very special to me because I feel like each of their songs has something I can relate to in them, and it is not often that you find a band that can hold your interest with every song they make. For me, that is Flyleaf.

This has been my top five favorite bands. If you have not had the pleasure of listening to one or all of them before, I suggest you give them a listen.

0 comments: