BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Writing Inventory

In my spare time, I do write a lot. Some of my favorite authors are P.C Cast and Kristin Cast, Maggie Stiefvater, Becca Fitzpatrick, Stephanie Meyer, Robert Munsch and Dr.Suess. My favorite kind of writing is fiction,any other type of writing does not seem to hold my interest.



The type of writing that is easiest for me is fiction. Attempting to write a story on things that happened in my life, or events in the world, for me, takes the fun out of writing. In my point of view, non-fiction or informational pieces of writing are extremely difficult.



I get my ideas from many different things, many times i have found inspiration in a song I heard or a picture I've seen. I have a piece of writing that I'm working on right now, although it is no where near being finished. At the moment, my piece of writing is simply a description of characters and ideas for plot. Last winter, I wrote a fictional story for my mother, as a joke. I am most proud of this piece of writing.

I write approximately three drafts for each assignment. I think one of my strenghts as a writer would be that I can develope an idea , add structure to that idea and create a story in my head, in an extremely short amount of time. My weakness would be that I have a hard time getting the ideas in my head down on paper.

I don't exactly have a favorite subject that I enjoy writing about because I really enjoy writing in general and I will write about anything, as i said earlier I prefer to write fiction but if asked to, I will write about anything.

0 comments: