BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Feel the wrath of my lightsaber


I have selected a review on the movie Fanboys, which is arguably the best movie EVER. It is about a group of friends that travel across the country in order to watch Star Wars: Episode 1 — The Phantom Menace before anyone else.I chose this particular review because, unfortunately this man named John Scott Lewinski thought it would be a good idea to trash talk this movie.

First, this John fellow, insults the funniest character in the entire movie. John whatever his name is says "Dan Folger (Balls of Fury) plays Hutch — the same fat, obnoxious, womanizing slob found in every one of these movies since John Belushi arrived as John "Bluto" Blutarsky in 1978’s Animal House." It is not nice to make fun of someones weight, whether you like their acting or not. Perhaps you're overweight John?

Second, he tries to say that the plot is tired and been done too many times. I will admit, the Family Guy spoofs are getting old. But, any true fan will admit that this story just takes us where we all would like to be some day, fans traveling across the country just to catch a glimpse of the greatness that is Star Wars. Plus, what fan doesn't enjoy a movie devoted to something we love.


Third, and perhaps the most insulting of all. Linus(one of the main characters) is dying of cancer and John has the nerve to say that his decease was just "a cynical ploy by screenwriters Ernest Cline and Adam F. Goldberg to give the story some weight beyond the overeager passions of fandom run amok. The script doesn’t even have the courage to face the life-and-death issue head-on, as Linus never has a proper exit scene." HELLO? If you were going on one last trip with your friends, would you honestly dampen the moment by crying about your cancer the entire time? NO. Linus came to terms with the fact that his illness was incurable and had fun while he could. I was not impressed with this review.

The type of movies I enjoy can range from romance to action/gore. I will happily watch any movie that is handed to me, but I will be the first to admit if the movie was a complete waste of my time that I will never get back. If I could review one movie, I think it would be this movie I saw once called "Hellbreeder." It is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If I had the opportunity to tell the people who made it how horrible it was, that would be an honour.


0 comments: