BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Activities from allpoetry.com (Bonus)

Letting them Go:

The theory "If you love something, let it go" makes no sense whatsoever to me. If you love something and it makes you happy, why on earth would you ever want to deprive yourself of that because you have the faintest idea that the other person or thing that you love is not happy. Easy solution, ask them! There are some cases where this would apply like to the crazy lady in Stephen Kings movie Misery, she abducted the man she loved and tried to kill him. But, what would have happened if the kid from Free Willy, just let Willy go? Chances are, he would be killed. Everyone has an opinion about this theory, to me it's just stupid. Why give up something that could make you happy? Ten years down the road, you could be looking back at the moment you let what you once loved go and you could regret it. Whoever the person was that came up with the idea that giving up something you love was a good thing probably never came in contact with a situation where he/she had to decide whether to let their loved one go or stay with them. If he/she had, they would be singing a different tune.


Shadows:
I remember when I was a kid, I used to believe that my shadow was my best friend. Then, I would find myself screaming at whoever walked over the place where my black figure was mirrored obscuring it to look half like me and half like them. To this day, I love when out of no where I look to the ground and see my darkened figure dancing along mimicking my movements. I always thought that It helped me see myself the way everyone else would see me, how I looked to others. It also provided a sence of what I could become when I moved a certain way and It became a giant. Some people think that shadows are creepy and that they make them think of monsters lurking around corners and waiting to pop out. But in my opinion, your shadow is just another friend that no matter where you go, will only be a hint of sun shine away.

What is Love?
What is love? baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more. I saw this question and felt it completely necessary to write about the legendary song What is Love by Haddaway. I know this is not the way this question was supposed to be answered but if you know the song, you understand why I could not possibly pass this opportunity up. The song what is love? by Haddaway honestly must have been written to scramble your brain so that every time you hear it, it gets stuck in your head for weeks at a time. When I listen to this song, without even noticing it, my head starts to bob and my toes start to tap. In my opinion, there must have been a "No one will dance" epidemic in the year this song was created. Making it necessary for the government to get someone to write a song that would force people to dance. This song was it. If you have never heard it, give it a listen. It's life changing.

Random thoughts.
Pickles. I hate pickles, I can eat one every month and I am completely satisfied. When I go to a restaurant and I say no pickles on my burger and I wait patiently for my order to be ready. I take one big bite and chomp into a nice old pickle. When this happens to me, I just feel like standing on the table and screaming " did I not say no blasted pickles!!! turn up your hearing aid dippidy doo da waitress." But I refrain from doing this so as not to be banned from the restaurant. I also like Doritos. I'm not really sure if I like Sweet Chili Heat or Cool Ranch better though. It is deffinatly a tough decision to make. But, my theory is this. You just simply can not eat Doritos without blue Power-aid. It can not be done. Another thing I am a huge fan of is Tim Burton, that man is a genius. A lot of people say that his movies are demented and disturbing but I love them all. Corpse Bride, The nightmare before Christmas, Coraline, Edward Scissorhands, 9, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Sleepy Hallow, Beetlejuice. All of those movies and all the other ones are terrific! I'm a big fan of Alphagetie too.

0 comments: